Re: Careful Dave: Re: cdrecord error

Roberto Sanchez <rcsanchez97@yahoo.es> writes:

> Does that work regardless of the media?  I.e., slow 4x for
> CD-RW and fast 24x or 48x for plain CD-R?

I really don't know, and I haven't tested with CD-RW.  According to the
man for cdrecord, I see this:
If  no  speed  value could be found, cdrecord uses a drive spe-
cific default speed.  The default for all new  (MMC  compliant)
drives  is  to  use the maximum supported by the drive.

So, it might not work if you don't have a MMC compliant cd writer. All
of my systems (bought over the last two-three years), have been
compliant.  Would be interesting to see if it holds true for CD-RW...

--
John L. Fjellstad