Re: Concerning testing

On Friday 14 May 2004 10:17 am, Anthony Campbell wrote:

> conclusion was that Unstable is the way to go in preference to Testing,
> especially as regards security updates.

It probably is at that, but it sure is more annoying.  Packages in Testing
break once in awhile.  Package in Unstable break three times a week, seems
like, and they break in totally obnoxious ways.  "Oops, you need to remove
everything related to KDE and X so you can install the latest version of the
ncurses libraries."  Every time I start to track Unstable, I wind up going
back to Testing in short order.

But if I were running an important server, there's no question that I would
use Stable.  It's 40,000 years old, but it's, well, STABLE.  Like the rock of
Gibraltar.

--
Michael McIntyre  ----   Silvan <dmmcintyr@users.sourceforge.net>
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/