Help! mkinitrd does not work correct in Sarge anymore?!

Hello,

I have a big problem.
The initrds my installation builds with mkinitrd doesn't work on boot.
It doesn't matter which kernel I use.

I alway see this message at boot:
pivot_root: no such file or directory
/sbin/init: 347: cannot open dev/console : no such file
Kernel panic: Attempted to kill init !

On another machine with Sid installed there has been no problem.
So I copied an initrd from Sid machine to Sarge machine and Sarge can boot.

I thought: Maybe a bug which is corrected in Sid and installed initrd-tools, util-linux, e2fsprogs, e2fslibs from Sid in my Sarge.
But that would be too simple.

Can anyone give me a few tips?

Thanks
Markus