debian on ppc with apple flat screen

Has anyone successfully installed debian testing on something like this:

Apple G4
Apple Cinema Display (22 in this case, I think)
NVidia GeForce2

In particular, I'm looking for a working XF86Config file.

The PPC beta4 net-install nominally worked, once I had used YellowDog Linux to get the partitioning right. Unfortunately, I didn't save the YellowDog X config, since I didn't anticipate these problems.

First off, X was broken (startx reported 'no devices found') after the install.

I then used dpkg-reconfigure on the xserver package, which didn't work out all that well (the default values for video driver, mouse device, and pci video device numbers were wrong, and I had to figure those out). I now have it producing a messed up display (you know: all fuzzy, looks several times too big, lots of horizontal lines, can vaguely recognize parts of the display).

Thanks,
Kevin Murphy