From: Daniel Asarnow [mailto:reve_etrange@pacbell.net]
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 3:39 AM
To: Debian Users
Subject: Re: 2.6 and nvidia

Installing the current nvidia gfx drivers in 2.6 is
actually real simple.  You can download their
self-installer from nvidia.com's driver section and
run it with the sh.  It Just Worked for me (well, it
worked after I found some good workarounds for all
the lockups my nForce mobo caused).  You may have to
tell XF86-Config to use the 'nvidia' module, though.
I do not believe there are any specifics in the
kernel config to...specify.  You'll probably want to
turn on VESA 16-bit support, though.

-Daniel

=====
BoxBattle.com - Semper Absurda