Re: cdrecord error

Peter Rohrman wrote:
David,

That sounds like a plan.  Next week, I'll wipe out Sol x86 and put Debian
back on.  I don't think that sarge gives me the 2.6 kernel, so I guess
that I don't have to worry about what Greg added to this thread.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Pete

Oddly enough, I just tonight figured out that to be able burn CDs
with a 2.6 kernel using ide-cd, you must turn off DMA on the burner.
Not sure why, but that eliminated all the errors and hang ups I had
been getting since switching to 2.6.  Naturally, you can smitch DMA
back on after burning.

-Roberto Sanchez