dell poweredge 2200 scsi installation problem

I have a dell poweredge 2200 and a problem with installing debian.
I am using a net install from cd, the installation process does not detect my hard drive and asks for
essential modules to be loaded from floppy. I have also tried from disk1 of the full set (which I downloaded and burned)

I have searched high and low on the net for:
the drivers / modules and how to put them on a floppy in a suitable format.

I have been unable to locate the drivers / modules, but have discovered that loads of other people seem to have had the same problems.

Can anyone help? It's doing my nut in