Re: No users can log on to X, suddenly !?

On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 03:35:29PM +0800, Uwe Dippel wrote:
> Can someone help me explain what is going on here ??
>
> I log on now, using that Failsafe session. The only one working !
> Then, in that window, I issue all commands from my .xsession, one after
> the other, and finally get my xfce4-desktop running (except of esd).
>
> Why would kdm not do likewise ? At 'Default' session ?

Sorry is the obvious but I am just guessing:

Have you checked the permissions in the home directory of the user(s)?
I have found once or twice that wrong permissions on a dot-file caused
this behaviour.

Have you checked the ~.xsession-error file?  Does the user have enough
disk space?

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The
      spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak."
                           Mark 14:38