Re: How to downgrade kernel?

Jonathan Melhuish escribió:

Kent West wrote:

Anyway, at the expense of being locked to a specific kernel version, I'd really like to get it working. So I use apt-get to download the appropriate kernel, headers and pcmcia-modules. But how do I "activate" it? Presumably I need an initrd image in my boot partition? None have been forthcoming.

When you apt-getted the kernel, it should have placed the new kernel and the initrd.img in /boot, created symlink (vmlinuz and initrd) in / that points to them, and then run lilo. When lilo ran, it should have warned you about putting "initrd=/initrd.img" in /etc/lilo.conf.

It should, and indeed it does whenever I upgrade the kernel.  But it
doesn't when you're downgrading the kernel, which is fair enough.
Performing these steps manually got it working.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Cheers,

Jon

For me, It wasn't so easy to upgrade. How can I see If I have upgraded my kernel to 2.6.X (i.e.).

I apt-get the kernel images, and I only see my 2.4 kernel (I think).

Regards.