Re: Problem with newly installed kernel-2.6.3

On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 06:45:20AM -0700, jack kinnon said
> Hi
>
> I have checked the archive without any help to my problem. Using the 'scroll-lock' key, I was able to scroll-and-stop the screen during boot-up. I found three error msg.
>
> 1. Fatal server error: Cannot establish any listening socket - Make sure an X server isn't already running.
>
> 2. modprobe: Error during install command for serial /dev/ttyS0
>
> 3. syslog: cannot create /dev/log: Address family not supported by protocol.
>
> These explain why I am not getting syslog and the gui. I can't figure out what's wrong. Any suggestions?

Did you build your kernel yourself?  Did you include support for Unix
domain sockets?  I suspect yes and no, respectively ;-)

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> | mlspam@ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:          FTS2000 Project Monarch Comirex airframe underground