Re: Recommendation on Digital Cameras that work well with linux....and...

Apparently, _Elie De Brauwer_, on 05/10/04 13:55,typed:

I have a hp photosmart 735, on the camera i can configure it so it behaves as a usb storage device which can be mounted like any pendrive. Haven't tried any other setting (why should I as long as i can view my pictures), I'm also using gqview for browsing them.

I use the storage method to read my MiniDV camcorder memory (Sony memory stick). With hotplug, I don't need to worry about any entry in /etc/fstab and no need to mount or unmount the device. I would use gphoto2 with Sony camcorder too, if only it would let me :)

(Remove all underscores,_if any_, from my email address to get the correct one. Apologies for the inconvenience, but this is to reduce spam.)