Re: xserver-xfree86 fiasco!

On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 11:12:12PM -0400, Kevin Mark wrote:
> On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 04:04:04PM -0500, Kent West wrote:
> > Kevin Mark wrote:
> > >
> > Hmm, I just did an "apt-cache search xserver-xfree86" and didn't see any
> > packages that match the deb name you use above. Perhaps you're pulling
> > from a non-Debian repository, and their packages are broken?
> Hi Kent,
> This is what I get. Not sure what you did?
> xserver-xfree86:
>   Installed: (none)
>   Candidate: 4.3.0.dfsg.1-1
>   Version Table:
>      4.3.0.dfsg.1-1 0
>         500 http://ftp2.de.debian.org unstable/main Packages
>         500 http://http.us.debian.org unstable/main Packages
>         500 http://ftp.us.debian.org unstable/main Packages
>         500 http://ftp.debian.org unstable/main Packages
>      4.3.0.dfsg.1-1 0
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>      4.3.0-7 0
>         500 http://ftp.debian.org sarge/main Packages
>      4.2.1-6.ipv6.r0.6 0
>         500 http://debian.concepts.nl sarge/ipv6 Packages
> -Kev
Hi all,
I used dpkg -X xserver-xfree86 to install the files for X to run BUT
xserver-xfree86 is still not in the status database. It exits with a
error #64.  And I can not install x-window-system and x-window-system-core.
Does anyone know where I can get complete info about this apt/dpkg error
short of reading source code!
-Kev