Re: frozen Exim message

  --received from Mark McRitchie--

> Heyas,
>
> > Otherwise, this will be a
> > continual and constant situation: the need to manually eliminate such
> > messages from the queue.
>
> Have a look at these options in your exim config file:
>
>  # This option unfreezes frozen bounce messages after two days, tries
>  # once more to deliver them, and ignores any delivery failures.
>
>  ignore_bounce_errors_after = 2d
>
>  # This option cancels (removes) frozen messages that are older than a week.
>
>  timeout_frozen_after = 7d

Ah, these are great but I don't find them in my current exim.conf.
I'm afraid you are referencing a newer version.  I'm using stable's
version of Exim, 3.3 I think.  I'm checking my info file on exim to
be sure but it is not looking good so far.

If my guess is correct, I'll either have to come up with a newer
version of exim or continue to learn more about Exim by learning how
and where to create "rcpt acl"s as Derrick was suggesting (and as
others are using for similar cases as I was reading on the exim mail
list).

Paul