RE: lynx and google.com

Ok, this is really really strange.  I don't expect anyone to believe me, but
now it doesn't work on either of these machines (sid, Machine1 &
Machine2)...  I just "stopped" working.  I can't be 100% sure of this, but
it seems to be the following:
First time I tried google.com in ssh it worked.
First time I tried www.google.com in ssh it worked.
Second time, for both URL's it failed.

So now I tried this ssh'd into a Woody machine.  Worked every time for both
URL's.

Perhaps this is a bug in sid's lynx.  The woody version is:
apt-cache show lynx | grep Version
Version: 2.8.4.1b-3.2
Version: 2.8.4.1b-3

Michael