Re: lynx and google.com

On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 06:57:52PM +0100, Clive Menzies wrote:
> On (06/05/04 09:23), William Ballard wrote:
> > Has anybody tried 'lynx google.com' lately?
> >
> > You get HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request.  It only started happening about 2
> > weeks ago.
> I presume you're running sid - it works fine on woody but my sid system
> produces the same result - I guess lynx is the problem.  Perhaps you
> should file a bug report.

FWIW, I downloaded Stable lynx, extracted it to my home directory, and
ran it from there and it was broken too.  I know that doesn't mean it's
still not something sid-related, but the only things lynx depends on are
libc6, zlib1g, and mime-support.

It could also be explained by the fact that you are getting different
servers from the two different boxes.  Try "www.google.com" from the
broken box and see if that works -- it did for me, for a few days, with
no change to Lynx in the intervening time.