Re: GE2000II Network card

On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 09:03:29AM +0100, Barrie Stott wrote:
> I have a manual for a Genius LAN GE2000II Jumper and Jumperless
> Ethernet Card V2.0 1995.2 KYE Systems Corp. And, indeed, inside the
> machine is a NIC with GE2000 handwritten on one of the chips. I have
> no idea what module is needed to drive it so, if someone does know,
> I'd be very pleased to hear about it.
>
> Barrie
Hi Barrie,
the first place to look, if linux is installed, is for the output of the
'lspci' command. It will tell you what chipset it uses. Then you can
google for what module will work.
If you dont have linux installed, get a copy of 'knoppix' and see what
it finds. go to 'root' and see what 'lsmod' shows.
you can also see what messages are in /var/log/dmesg and
/var/log/messages.

HTH
-Kev