xprint problems: was Re: cups printing problems: mozilla, gimp

I now have one cups-defined printer printing from mozilla. this will do
for me  :))

I did this by _de-installing_ xprint (which I wasn't aware i had, but I
did), and then chanding the 'Properties' of the Postscript/default
printer, to give the comand lp -P <cupsprintername>. (removint the
$MOZPRINT etc. presto.

The problem is with xprint I believe - I can now also print to files, and
get a little pop up telling me progress - I didn't have before the
de-install. (i'm not sure what the prob was and maybe the docu said
somewhere something i should have known abt- but as i wasn't aware of xprt
i wasn't paying attention, thus will not be filing bug report... but if
others come a cropper here with same solution, it may be worthwhile)

thanks for the help,
dee