Re: exim4 and HELO

On Wednesday 05 May 2004 19:40, Paul Johnson wrote:

> Brian Walker <bfwalker@netvigator.com> writes:
>
>> No success though. I need to put a fully qualified domain name in
>> exim4.conf, but for the life of me I cannot see where. Tried as
>> suggested, and it laughed at me!
>
> You don't put it in exim4.conf is why.  You track down where it goes
> in /etc/exim4/conf.d/

I strongly prefer the "monolithic configuration" option
(just /etc/exim4/exim4.conf) over the system that (as far as I can
tell) just cats all the little files in /etc/exim4/conf.d/ together and
sticks the result somewhere else.  The monolithic version is easier if
you've configured Exim previously and especially easier if you already
have an exim.conf file to recycle.