Re: Massive increase of spam on debian-*@l.d.o

On Wednesday 05 May 2004 19:20, Paul Johnson wrote:

>> Do you think it really makes a difference?  (I don't know)
>
> The more people that do it, the bigger the difference it makes.
> Unless you're a retard and use spamcop's mole feature...

Apparently no longer encouraged, according to the FAQ:

*****
What is "mole" reporting?

Mole reporting was an experiment that presented many problems in the
operations and integrity of SpamCop, so is mostly being disabled.
Reports from users who choose to be mole reporters will count only in
the statistics and aggregate counts.

Reports are not sent and can only be viewed by SpamCop administrators.
Mole reports do not count in the stats used to determine listing and
delisting of IP addresses in the SpamCop Blocking List."
*****