Re: Packaging af source dist

> You should install under debian/vpopmail in your build tree, so use
> 'DESTDIR=$(CURDIR)/debian/vpopmail'. The contents of debian/vpopmail
> will then be packed up by the rest of the usual debian/rules
> boilerplate and used as the filesystem archive for the .deb, which
> you later install.

I don't get this. Maybe i'm just too selfcompiled for ever making a deb
package !

If I change to DESTDIR=$(CURDIR)/debian/vpopmail it now installs in

/root/vpopmail-5.4.3/debian/vpopmail/root/vpopmail-5.4.3/debian/tmp/
or
/root/vpopmail-5.4.3/debian/tmp/

Why isn't it installing in /var/vpopmail like I ask it to in the ./configure
line

Maybe I got something wrong, is every .deb installed in /debian/package or
what?
Packages by others install in specific directories...hmmm.

Someone please spell it out :)