Re: After dist-upgrade no Icewm

On Wed, 5 May 2004 10:01:44 -0400
"Thomas H. George" <tom@spininternet.com> wrote:

> I have actually run dist-upgrade on several occasions without rebooting.
> This morning I rebooted and found gdm no longer offered icewm in the
> session options.  I switched to xdm (had to edit /etc/init.d/xdm as
> changing /etc/X11/default-display-manager had no effect)

You normally want to run

dpkg-reconfigure xdm

which should not only change /etc/X11/default-display-manager, but also
change the HEED_DEFAULT_DISPLAY_MANAGER setting of /etc/init.d/xdm.

> but this does
> not solve the problem as the xdm/debian log in does not offer any
> session options.  How to I get icewm back?

I strongly suggest taking a look at:

and in particular the "Before You Ask" section.  I'm pretty certain
this question has been answered several times in the last two months
in this mailing list; so the archives will help you.

-c

		(remove "snip-me." to email)