Re: Mathematica messing with fonts... or?

Quoting Johan Renström <johan_renstrom@home.se>:

> Hi!
>
> I have just installed Mathematica on my debian-machine, but the first thing
> that happens when I run ~$Mathematica from a terminal window is that I get a
>
> window entitled "Startup warning". However, I can't see what the warning is
> about cuse there is no text in the window (thats probably what the warning is
>
> about) - just two buttons (probably an ok and a cansle buttons) with no text
>
> on them either. This is the same for all dialogues that apears (there is no
> text in them).
>
> In addition I have noted that the menutexts in the Opera web browser seems to
>
> disapear after trying to run Mathematica. If I log out an on again things are
>
> restored but as soon as I start Mathematica its all messed up again. Most
> other programs seems ok though.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> I'm running sid with KDE 3.1.5 on a dell PC.
>
> regards
> Johan
> Ps. Yell if there is some more info I could suply!
If you can do that, try from GNOME or another Desktop/WM than KDE. GNOME uses
a different font system apparently. I observed "tiny" or "invisible" font
problems in the past and it was dependent on the Desktop/WM. I'm far from
expert in that, but it might help...

Sylvain.