Re: Massive increase of spam on debian-*@l.d.o

On Wednesday 05 May 2004 01:03, Paul Johnson, Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca>
wrote:
> William Ballard <40414.nospam@comcast.net> writes:
> > What steps are being taken to mitigate the significant increase in spam
> > getting through to the lists?
>
> I'm reporting the spam.  What are you doing to help, or are you
> content to only bitch instead of take action?

People have been reporting spam for years.  The amount of spam keeps
increasing.  This list appears to be running spamassassin and I'd guess it is
an out-of-the-box configuration.  Here is an example of why spam makes it to
the list:

Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 16:29:09 +0200

As you can see what only got scored 3.0 on the list's server, got 11.3 on
ours.  While it is true that we can be more restrictive, it appears that the
SA running on the list could be tuned a little better.

BTW, please reply to the list only.  I've discovered this list strips off my
reply-to which contains an address which is not challenged here.
- --
Robin Lynn Frank
Director of Operations, Paradigm-Omega, LLC
- From the Room-Full-of-Monkeys Typing Pool:
President's Day would be more meaningful on April 1st.