RE: Massive increase of spam on debian-*@l.d.o

> > You might start taking note of significant contributors to the list,
> > whitelisting these, and possibly filtering out messages from unknown or
> > spammy sources with no reference to existing posts.  Something of a
> > harsh measure, but seems we're headed this way.
>
> That's a *particularly* harsh measure on debian-user, where many of the
> messages starting threads are from "unknown" users looking for help.

Hi,

I'm also on the IPCOP User list, there is no spam there and I think I know
why. They use [IPCOP] in every subject header and reject any mail which
hasn't got this subject header (I've seen no other mails there....)

Maybe you can simply fix this by adding [deb-user-XXX] in the lists and
simply sort out everything without it? The user just has to leave this in
the subject and the mails will still be delivered..

I think thats simple and reliable...

Just a thought,
Simmel