Re: [OT Why GB English is different] Re: Mozilla firefox en-gb

William Ballard <40414.nospam@comcast.net> writes:

> Would Brits feel that this is how we should count:
>
> 1,222,333,444,555,666,777,888
>                         ^thou
>                     ^mill
>                 ^thou mill
>             ^bill
>         ^thou bill
>     ^mill bill
> ^trill

For the west side of the pond, we go
One
Ten
Hundred
Thousand
Million
Billion
Trillion

The American national debt is the only thing that I can even think of
measured in trillions, and is roughly the largest possible number of
anything as far as Americans are concerned.  I expect to see Trillion
fall from use if we get more than two terms without a conservative
inflating the debt at the expense of a generation that won't even be
conceived until the late 3200s.

--
Paul Johnson
<baloo@ursine.ca>