Re: problem with samba authentication

Try the -N option instead of supplying the username and password.

-Brian

Micha Feigin wrote:
I am trying to mount a share from my window computer on my linux
box. This mount worked before but now I seem to have problems with the
authentication.

Trying the user with no password give me the following error:

mount -t smbfs -o 'username=<user>,password=' //meravi/shared /mnt/mnt_pnt/

Anonymous login successful
27193: tree connect failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.)
SMB connection failed

Trying login in with a password gives the following error:

mount -t smbfs -o 'username=<user>,password=<pass>' //meravi/shared /mnt/mnt_pnt/

27388: session setup failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.)
SMB connection failed

Any ideas on how to solve this, find more information or debug the
problem?