Re: cups printing problems: mozilla, gimp

On Monday 03 May 2004 23:20, dee wrote:

> i have a newly installed 2.4.20 kernel, running testing, and have a
> few new problems, as well a solution to some of my older ones!
>
> i have installed cups and have a usb printer.
> Grateful for pointers, will happily provide diagnostics,

You might want to try installing cupsys-bsd and magicfilter, then
running (as root) magicfilterconfig.  This sorted out some weird
problems I was having with some programs's printouts disappearing into
the void.  (It was a different model on a parallel port, but this might
help you too.)