Re: xmodmap automatically (.xsession or .xinitrc does not work)

On 4 May 2004, jmtd@compsoc.dur.ac.uk wrote:

> On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 08:34:19PM +0200, Uwe Brauer wrote:
>> On 3 May 2004, leva@az.isten.hu wrote:
>>
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> Perhaps your /etc/X11/Xsession file doesn't include your .xsession
>>> file at X startup. I've had a problem with this before, and I had
>>> to edit that file.
>> Thanks but it seems that the Xsession file include the relevant
>> .xession file
>
> Stick 'xterm &' or similar in the .xsession and see if that
it does
> appears. My bet is not. How are you starting X - via a gdm, if so
> which; or via startx; or other?
A think gdm, since I am on knoppix it is not that clear to me how the
Xserver is started.

But I think it is  a KDE problem, I entered with a different
windowsmagnager icewm, and no problem there most likely the keyboard
which is started somehow overwrites the xmodmap configuration.

Thanks

Uwe