Re: Mozilla firefox en-gb

On Monday 03 May 2004 08:56, Clive Menzies wrote:
> On (03/05/04 11:14), Michael Graham wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to get firefox to use en-gb. The locale is not available as a
> > deb package but is available from mozilla.org so I downloaded that one.
> > Thing is the debianised version of firefox seems to do things
> > differently to the mozilla.org one, because even when I edit
> > /usr/bin/firefox so that it calls the firefox binary with
> >
> > -contentLocale en-gb -UILocale en-gb
> >
> > it doesn't work.
> >
> > So I guess what I'm asking is has anyone been able to get firefox to run
> > a locale that's not available as a deb package?
>
> Hi Mick
>
> I can't answer your question but what does gb localisation will give
> you?  I've installed firefox and haven't found any need for gb
> localisation - just curious ;)

It's not just the spelling dictionaries - I usually prefer to trust my own
memory - but the GB keyboard has deadkeys that allow accents for french,
italian, spanish etc, and  ² ³ € ½  ¾  (those were squared, cubed, euro,
half, three-quarters when they left me...) which are all very useful
day-to-day.  Not that I can get them to work properly on this thinkpad 600E,
but usually they are important.

--
richard