Smarthost exim4 failing

I've recently converted a Compaq Armada M700 from SuSE to debian sarge,
everything is working great except for my exim4 configuration.

With my ISP, I'm supposed to pop mail every 10 or 15 minutes.  Their mail
gateway will relay my mail if it comes from the same IP.  Apparently this
is a common setup.

All this worked swell under SuSE w/ postfix.

I keep being denied mail relay through exim4.
- yes, I have my fetchmail cronjob setup, for testing I habitually pop my
mail first (all this works aok)
- attached is a log of exim -v, attempting to send Email to this yahoo
account

Does anyone know of nuances in this use case?  What *specific* questions
can I ask my ISP?  My ISP doesn't support Linux but they really are a
bunch of helpful chaps (www.fpcc.net); I don't want to pester them with a
bunch of unhelpful questions, particularly since I know this works with
other software.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

BTW:  I installed this notebook with the debian-installer beta4 this
weekend, the installer worked like a charm.  Kudos.

=====
Keith E. Hellman
kehellman@yahoo.com