Nice problem

that has been posted to aus.computers.linux as well.

I have a p100 laptop called harold who plays ogg vorbis and mp3 files,
and little else (he occasionally works as a dumb xterm and mass
storage device).  It works marvelously (Debian Woody) with no X. I run
all the music playback software at nice -n -20 to make sure that the
playback is nice and smooth.

I do have one problem: Every time the screen blanks due to keyboard
inactivity music playback jitters briefly.  What process is in charge
of this screen blanking, and what config file can I edit to make this
change?

Thanks in anticipation.
--
remove PANTS to ensure valid reply by email