Re: Intel Pro/100 VE

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 11:12:05 -0400, Paul <paul@circuitbooks.com> wrote:
> Hey peoples,
> I have been trying to get debian to work and have been very
> unsuccessful.   I just got a Toshiba M35-s320 laptop and have been
> trying to install the network adapter with the 3.0r2 disk image.  I did
> some research and I believe that imy network card, Intel PRO/100 VE is
> supported in the EEPRO100 driver but everytime I enable it it says
> insmod failed.  I checked my bios and there is no PlugNPlay option so I
> don't think it's a bios conflict.  Intel supplies a e100 driver but I,
> for the life of me cannot seem to be able to download it.  Any ideas?

You are aware that the e100 driver exists as a standalone module
source package in Debian, right? I would prefer using this one over
eepro100, since I have had some issues in the past with eepro100.

I've had no problems compiling e100 as an external module with a
variety on kernels, using kernel-package.

Also, eepro100 is in the kernel as of 2.4.20, so you could just use a
more recent kernel.

Package: openafs-modules-source
Section: net
Installed-Size: 4464
Maintainer: Sam Hartman <hartmans@debian.org>
Architecture: all
Source: openafs
Version: 1.2.11-1
Depends: bison, flex, debhelper, libpam0g-dev, libncurses5-dev,
kernel-package, e2fslibs-dev
Filename: pool/main/o/openafs/openafs-modules-source_1.2.11-1_all.deb
Size: 4489072
MD5sum: b088707d130b502894a42a3e0f282d65
 AFS is a distributed filesystem allowing cross-platform sharing of
 files among multiple computers.  Facilities are provided for access
 control, authentication, backup and administrative management.
 .
 This package provides source to the AFS kernel modules.

HTH.
                                                           Faheem.