Re: Upgrading 2.4 to 2.6 kernel problems

On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 08:16:15PM +0200, Jaap Haitsma wrote:
> Clive Menzies wrote:
> >On (05/04/04 10:24), Mike Chandler wrote:
> >
> >>I understand what I need to do now, putting stuff in
> >>/etc/hotplug/"blacklist", but the problem is that while booting, the
> >>stuff goes by so fast, I can't actually pick out any names...I just can't
> >>see that fast!
> >>I guess I can live with this, till the hotplug issue gets sorted out.
> >>Thanks for the replies.
> >
> >You can see the boot messages by typing "dmesg"
> >
> This only shows the kernel messages not all the text that is printed
> during init.

Try shift-page up at the login prompt.  Repeat as needed.

I believe if you login then immediately do the same, you can then
copy/paste with the mouse if you wish to save a portion of it.

Kenward
--
In a completely rational society, the best of us would aspire to be
_teachers_ and the rest of us would have to settle for something less,