Re: Upgrading 2.4 to 2.6 kernel problems

Am Monday 05 April 2004 22:55 schrieb Jaap Haitsma:
> Dr.-Ing. C. Hurschler wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have the same thing happening.  The display dims at some point during
> > booting.  I don't think it has anything to do with hotplug though,
> > because removing it didn't change anything on my system.
> >
> > Anyone else know what might be causing this?  I'm using a 2.6.3 kernel
> > compiled from the deb source packages with k6 support.  I'm using the
> > aty128fb driver, and ati in XFree86 4.3.0.1, with fb turned off.
>
> Chris,
>
> For me it was the aty128fb driver which caused the problem. I'm now
> using the VESA driver. In XFree86 I also have my video card set to ATI
>
> Jaap

I'll try that.  I was always wondering if there was a dependency between the
console and the XFree86 modules, I guess there must not be.  I only noticed
that if I tried to use the ati XFree86 module with fb, it only worked if I
had the aty128fb module loaded.

Otherwise the system runs great.

Thanks,

Chris