Re: Upgrading 2.4 to 2.6 kernel problems

Dr.-Ing. C. Hurschler wrote:
Hi,

I have the same thing happening. The display dims at some point during booting. I don't think it has anything to do with hotplug though, because removing it didn't change anything on my system.

Anyone else know what might be causing this? I'm using a 2.6.3 kernel compiled from the deb source packages with k6 support. I'm using the aty128fb driver, and ati in XFree86 4.3.0.1, with fb turned off.

Chris,

For me it was the aty128fb driver which caused the problem. I'm now using the VESA driver. In XFree86 I also have my video card set to ATI

Jaap