Re: need tool to configure network

On Monday 05 April 2004 12:17 pm, Christian Eyrich wrote:

> >> As I wrote I installed etherconf but don't know how to use it. There's
> >> no tool called etherconf in the path.
> >
> > Try:
> > dpkg-reconfigure etherconf
>
> I did. It asked me some questions which I answered - nice.
> But it didn't change the /etc/network/interfaces and I've still no
> etherconf tool anywhere.

That is how you use the etherconf tool, "dpkg-reconfigure etherconf".

when I do I get this:
laptop:~# cat /etc/network/interfaces
### etherconf DEBCONF AREA. DO NOT EDIT THIS AREA OR INSERT TEXT BEFORE IT.
auto lo eth0

iface lo inet loopback

iface eth0 inet dhcp
        hostname laptop

### END OF DEBCONF AREA.  PLACE YOUR EDITS BELOW; THEY WILL BE PRESERVED.

Ralph