Re: Root1

lör 2004-04-03 klockan 18.43 skrev smurfd:
> Hey there!
>
> Ive recently installed Sarge/Testing. Everything went fine.
> Love the new installer.. Smooooth.
> Autodetected all my hardware on the laptop of mine :)
>
> BUT, after some usage i found a file called /1 wich contained something
> about /etc/emacs and /2
> and i dont use emacs. Though in /etc/emacs there was some that could
> have been installed by devhelp.
>
> My question is, has anyone else had this /1 file? was i rooted? is it a
> known bug?
> Anyway i had to wipe my drive, so i cant paste the exact containment in
> the /1 file.
>
> can anyone shed some light to me?
>
> Best regards
> /smurfd aka. Nicklas Boman

Okey, a short update.
The installer, still kick-ass, though, i wasnt able to make it install
lilo instead of grub. i skipped the "install grub" and choosed "install
lilo" instead, bud as i hit enter, i see the installer saying
"installing  Grub" .. not lilo.
Weird.. (i know its still under development.. just wanted to let ya
know)

I have narrowed down the possibillities of things that could be the
cause of that file.
1st) I had a visitioir, simple as that. i was kindof unprotected, though
still it feels pretty stupit to leave a file that visible...
2nd) What i can think of, the only package i havent installed that was
on this box before is the mldonkey-server & mldoneky-gui packages, wich
i was using..

anyway, would appreciate some opinions. what could have caused this..
shall i post a bug report?

btw, sorry for the "anonymity" before, not used to this. ;)

Best regards
/smurfd aka. Nicklas Boman