Re: apt-get kde 3.2 problem with testing

Bokeron wrote:

Please don't top post.

> BTW, I updated to KDE 3.2 with sid sources, does really Sarge have KDE 3.2?

No.  The original poster said he was installing from a contributed
source from http://www.debian-desktop.org.

> Regards
>
> El Sábado, 3 de Abril de 2004 22:11, Reetinder P. S. Sidhu escribió:
> > I'm trying to upgrade from kde 3.1.5 to 3.2 by adding
> > deb http://www.debian-desktop.org/pub/linux/debian/kde3.2 sarge main

Instead of doing that I recommend using this instead.

deb http://download.kde.org/stable/3.2/Debian stable main

> > While "apt-cache show kdebase" finds 2 packages with above version
> > numbers, apt-get install kde/kdebase/kde-core insists that the newset
> > version is installed.

You are seeing a duplication of packages between debian.org and
debian-desktop.org.  Try using apt-cache policy and seeing what it
tells you.  It should show you the paths.

  apt-cache policy kdebase

Bob