Re: How to create a *freezed* distribution of a debian mirror

Bruno BEAUFILS wrote:
I install those PC with a bunch of hand-made script using ssh, rsync, debconf
and a home made debian mirror.
At time t I am able to install properly all hosts. Sometime after, let's say
time t+30 days, some changes have been made by my users and thus I need to
reinstall all computers in the same state as in time t.

Is there anyway to keep a mirror of time t without having to duplicate it at
that time ? Some kind of a customized distribution between sid and sarge ...

have you tried systemimager? I learned about this software on this mailing list. Apparently, it creates a master image using one custom installed computer and uses the master image to install other computers on the network.

http://www.systemimager.org/

You could install client configs using systemimager while maintaining an up-to-date debian mirror on another machine. May not work if you need automatic updating of all clients, though

--
Sayan