Re: what package provides libxfce.so? - SOLVED, BUT...

On 02 Apr 2004, s. keeling wrote:
> Incoming from Anthony Campbell:
> > On 02 Apr 2004, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> > > Xcdroast complains that it can;t find libxfce.so. It still runs, so it's
> > > not a disaster, but I used to have this on a previous installation. Does
> > > anyone know which package it comes from?
> > >

> > OK, I found this myself on the Debian site after a further search, but
> > installing it has not removed the error message on using xcdroast.
> >

> > Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate loadable module in module_path: "libxfce.so",
>
> Where is libxfce.so and is that dir in /etc/ld.so.conf?  Run "ldconfig".

It's in /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.2.0/engines/

And no, it isn't in /etc/ld.so.conf. In fact, the only entry there is
/usr/X11R6/lib. ldconfig does not fix the problem, but perhaps that is
why.

AC

--
ac@acampbell.org.uk    ||  http://www.acampbell.org.uk
using Linux GNU/Debian ||  for book reviews, electronic