Re: VoIP with Debian - bad day ??

On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 01:57:37PM -0800, Alvin Oga wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Paul Johnson wrote:
> > "Bryan Ladd" <bladd@tapestryhealth.org> writes:
> >
> > > Anyone here use asterisk or any other VoIP packages for Debian??
> >
> > I'm sure there are.  Try posting a question instead of just polling.
>
> yup... i agree about the troll question ... but i'll bite ...
>
> my impression .. asterisk more tailored as an (pbx) answering machine

Really depends.  You can use an Asterisk box to connect normally analog
phones and use them to place VoIP calls.  Additionally, the Asterisk
could be used to connect to geographically divergent locations and
provide local telco access from one to the other.

--
Jamin W. Collins

"Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups."
-- John Kenneth Galbraith