Re: Logitech MX500 button behaviour

On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 08:00:48PM +0200, Nicos Gollan wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 07:26:07 -0800
> William Ballard <40311.nospam@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 02:47:20PM +0200, Nicos Gollan wrote:
> > > Any ideas?
> >
> > Search the archives.  I just use ImPS/2 and don't use the extra
> > buttons cause I could never figure it out.  If you get it working,
> > post it here.
>
> Kinda defeats the purpose of having those buttons in the first place.

It's still a good mouse, I only bought it because of the Tom's Hardware
Review about how accurate the optical sensor was and how good it was for
twitchy first person shooters, and because all my other mice would get
abrasions on the pads or gummy works.

Get yourself a non-abrasive cleaning cloth and delicately clean the pads
once a week, if grains of dust scratch them it won't slide smoothly.

The reason I said search the list archives is I think somebody else was
successful getting them working but I couldn't replicate it.