Trouble with a: Toshiba 5105 laptop, kernel-2.6.4 and nvidia

driver 1.0-5336.
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 09:54:46 -0500

Hello,

I'm having this problem with Toshiba 5105 laptop, kernel-2.6.4 and nvidia
driver 1.0-5336. There is about a 1/4 inch gap of the screen not being used
on the right hand side of the screen running vertically. I used to be able to
fix this problem (with kernel-2.4.x) by editing my "/etc/modules.conf" file
with this:

options nvidia NVreg_SoftEDIDs=0 NVreg_Mobile=2
alias /dev/nvidia* nvidia

But now this has no effect? (I'm using Debian "SID" with kernel-2.6.4).
Also, since I'm using the 2.6 kernel, I have put the:
options nvidia NVreg_SoftEDIDs=0 NVreg_Mobile=2
alias /dev/nvidia* nvidia
commands in the "/etc/modprobe.conf" file also.

Even if I exit out of the GUI and stop x, and kdm and "rmmod nvidia" to unload
the module and then reload it with:
"modprobe nvidia NVreg_SoftEDIDs=0 NVreg_Mobile=2"
to insure that the options are loaded, and then restart kdm and x it has no
effect, the 1/4 inch gap is still there?

How can I fix this?

Ralph