Re: Can no longer log on!!

As far as I can remember, linux single will ask for root password. I think
it's right also for debian potato and woody.

Anyway, what would work is, provided you don't have a password set for
restricted lilo, write the following at the command prompt:

linux init=/bin/sh

That will start a shell as root, but partitions mounted as read-only. You
only have to:

mount -o rw,remount /dev/hdaX

 --- Kamaraju Kusumanchi <kk288@cornell.edu> escribió: > You might have
already tried it, but neverthless ... Did you try "linux
> single" at the LILO prompt. Depending on your configuration, this might
> let you access the system without needing any password.  I say this
> because, there was no mention of this in your email.
>
> raju
>
> David Baron wrote:
>
> >Tried to configure ldap. Never got that to work but something got messed
> up
> >in the process. Migrationtools was used and this might have done it.
> >
> >I got on using the knoppix CD and removed the ldap packages (can always
> try
> >again later on--unfortunately that hit some KDE as well before I aborted
> >that one, but I can get those back as well). However, I still cannot
> logon.
> >
> >>From the KDE logon, I get "critical error ...". Log files viewed from the
> >knoppix log on, chroot, ... were not informative.
> >>From a console logon, I get "logon incorrect". Eventually it will time
> out.
> >
> >NO account, root or others, will log in.
> >
> >How can I fix this?

Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versión GRATIS
http://messenger.yahoo.es