Re: Problematic IPX

At 09:00 +0100 3/28/04, Hartwig Atrops wrote:
Hi.

On Saturday 27 March 2004 19:19, Mauricio wrote:
 I turn my IPX (running Debian Woody 3.0 r2).  I ssh to it.
 All is peachy.  I go do groceries.  When I come back, I find out it
 went back to the openboot prompt.  What is going on here?  I stick my
 hand behind the fan and it does not seem to be hot or anything.  What
 else should I check?  Which log files could be helpful in my quest?

Is a keyboard attached?

	Nope.

A terminal - powered on?

Well, my Mac was connected to it through the serial port, but I shut the Mac down for the night. Was that a bad idea?

Otherwise you have to write a 0 to /proc/sys/kernel/stop-a or the machine
will stop after 30 minutes.

	I am willing to try that.  Out of curiosity, what does that do?