Re: OT: Michael D. Schleif -- and any other social network types

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 05:04:55PM -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> I don't know if I'm the only person you spammed with your social network
> invitation.  I certainly didn't appreciate it.  Not recognizing your
> name from Adam, I simply spamlisted the from address and shot a LART off
> to the admin contacts for the site you were using.
>
> Don't bother replying to me as your address is now considered spam, and
> will automatically be reported as same.
>

> To anyone else I don't personally know who's considering inviting me to
> join your digital social network:  don't.  I do mailing lists, a few IRC
> channels, and some newsgroups.  I don't pour my personal information
> into proprietary databases without very good reason.
>
> And...the fact that we've both participated in an email thread some
> months ago doesn't mean I'm going to remember your name.

And the damn LinkedIn thing is *still* sending me mail on behalf of
Michael D. Schleif, just in case I've forgotten about it. Reading the
mail, it sounds horribly corporate, and not something I'd ever be
interested in.

Never fill in people's e-mail addresses to these things without their
explicit permission.

Cheers,