Re: AW: Bonjour - WAY WAY OT!

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 23:05:13 -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 12:35:59PM -0800, Nano Nano wrote:
>> I swear to Christ, when I was in France, I said to myself: PLEASE GOD
>> PLEASE get me back to my land of 500 channels of pablum, my 24-hour
>> Walmart, my drivethroughs, my land of fakeness and commercials and
>> wackiness, because I can't stand this 3rd-world country any more!
>
> Reminds me of a self-deprecating joke I heard in Canada once.  "Canada
> could have been good.  It could have had British culture, French
> cuisine and American technology.  Instead, it got American culture,
> British cuisine and French technology."

Reminds me of a very old list of the shortest books in the world.  From
memory, and I'm missing a lot:

The American Book Of Good Taste
The French Book Of Military Victories
The Irish Book Of Knowledge
The German Book Of Humour
The Italian Book Of War Heroes
The British Book Of Bloodless Post-Colonial Pullouts

There.  That should pretty much offend everybody. :>

--

It is important to realize that any lock can be picked with a big
enough hammer.
               -- Sun System & Network Admin manual