Re: Help urgently needed before there's a blackout!

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 01:45:14 +0530 (IST)
Deboo <deboo@debian.elitemail.org> wrote:

<glib mixup>
> This is what I get when I try to login:
>
> -bash: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.3' not found (required by
> /lib/libncurses.so.5)

I'm not aware of a way to fix it short of booting from a rescue disk and
restoring from a backup.

I had dpkg remove glibc (using a couple --force flags) a long time ago
and ended up just re-installing.

Jacob

--
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Random .signature #64:
Windows:

32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit
operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor, written
by a 2 bit company, that can't stand 1 bit of competition.

Linux:

The ultimate windows patch. http://www.linux.org/