Re: Problem getting sound to work

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 22:04:45 -0700, Monique Y. Herman wrote:

>On 2004-02-13, Mark Healey penned:
>>
>> I also noted that when I turned on enable system sounds at startup in
>> the gnome control center I get the problem I had previously had where
>> the taskbars don't respond.  When that happens I have
>> to do a hard reboot, login as a regular user, su to root and delete
>> /root/.gnome*.
>>

>Which debian distro is this, again?  (stable, unstable, testing)?

Stable woody kernel 2.4.18-bf2.4

>I'm just curious, because I'm running unstable, and I haven't had
>taskbar-freeze issues.  It seems like something must be really
>b0rked to be causing this issue, and it seems like maybe tracking down
>the issue might be a precursor to figuring out the other stuff.

It only happens when I login when sounds are "enabled" and the gnome
control center is open from the last time I was logged in.

>( esd ceases to function all the time without warning, and I end up
>having to kill the process and fire it up again manually, but at least
>it doesn't freeze my panel ...

Please leave this.  It is a filter term.
ferulebezel
Mark Healey
deblist@healeyonline.com
Don't bothor CCing or emailing this address.  Since spammers seem to be harvesting this
list anything that doesn't come from the list server is assumed to be spam and deleted.
ASUS A87V8X mobo w AMD Athalon
	Broadcom 4401 onboard nic
	with static IP Address
ATI All-In-Wonder 9700 Video card.