Re: Remote access PC support

Pigeon wrote:
I say this because I've just broken a remote box doing an apt-get
upgrade - security upgrades to woody - which Isn't Supposed To Happen.
Don't know exactly how, because ssh is one of the things that broke...

     If you can get access to the box or walk someone through access on the box'
check /etc/pam.d/ssh. When ssh crapped out on me after an upgrade (wasn't woody) pawing through the logs showed that it was tripping up on pam's limits. I just commented out the following line to regain access:
session    required     pam_limits.so

That might be it, might not and I'm sure there's better ways of fixing it. OTOH I'm the only one on that box so I don't need no steenkin' leemits! :)